Tuesday, January 17, 2023

"Space Force"

After plowing through another depressing award-nominated film, I needed something fluffy and light.  I chose "Space Force" and regretted it.  This might be the first time I stopped watching a streaming series after two episodes.  To be honest, I didn't like it after one episode but I thought it might improve so I gave it a second shot.  Unfortunately, it didn't grow on me.  It's like that first date with someone who is trying way (way, way, way) too hard.  There aren't just slapstick jokes, there is a need to hit the viewers over the head with stupid.  The main character (Steve Carrell) isn't just obnoxious, he's truly hateful.  The jokes about the former POTUS date the show and when, in the second episode, there was a crack about a dog-eater and the Chinese in the same sentence, I bailed.  Watch at your own risk.

No comments: