Tuesday, January 24, 2023

"Hustle"

It's a top-notch cast.  Great writing.  It moves and has levels.  But it's about sports.  Which is so totally completely not my thing.  I've actually never seen "Field of Dreams" or a Rocky movie.  I consider "Moneyball" to be two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back.  I mean, okay, now I know that the 76ers is a basketball team in Philadelphia.  But do I care?  Every one of these types of movies say "this will be the sports movie which makes non-sports people like it."  And every one is wrong.  For me, anyway.  There are workouts and montages.  There is gentle humor.  There is family and heart.  There is "the incredible challenge" which is, of course, overcome by pure dedication and love of the game.  For anyone who actually likes sports, I think this is probably a great film.

No comments: