Tuesday, December 20, 2022

"Must Love Christmas"

CBS has waded into the Christmas programming wars with specials and a number of films.  Unlike last year I'm being fairly circumspect about how many of these things I'm going to spend time on.  This one was very middle-of-the-road.  It's good.  Good enough that it kept me from scrolling my email while I watched.  But it's not "fabulous".  Like so (so so so) many of these things, supporting actors are sometimes weak and the whole thing feels rushed -- low production values, tired actors pushing through.  All that being said, I'm a fan of Liza Lapira and she doesn't disappoint.  Neither does her co-star Neal Bledsoe.  There is also fresh face Ian Collins, who does a lot with a little.  The story is sorta/kinda fresh, which I appreciate.  A small town does feature and there are no unexpected plotlines, but the big city isn't the enemy and the twists you see coming are enjoyable.  When Ms. Lapira's character says, near the end, "I can't believe I didn't see it," there is a small groan.  We all saw it, honey.  But it's not bad.  It didn't feel like a waste of two hours.  And that's the best I can say.

No comments: