Monday, January 25, 2021

"The Watch"

So, I wasn't going to watch this, then I realized it was based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, so then I watched it, but now I'm not.  It's not that it's bad.  It isn't.  The diverse cast and super-fast dialog makes for some smiles but between the grubby setting and the, um, "very British" sensibilities it just took too much work to watch it.  To be honest, "Guards, Guards" (on which this is clearly based) was probably my least favorite of the Discworld books and as much as I love the series the lack of magic and focus on the commonplace in an uncommon world in this particular book just didn't appeal.  In another place and time I might hang in there on this series.  But not now.  If you're up for it, enjoy.  It is worthy -- I'm just not.

No comments: