Wednesday, March 09, 2022

"The Endgame"

I love, love, love Morena Baccarin.  So, yes, I was a little biased even before I saw the first episode.  But it was good.  Fidgeting fell by the wayside and I was riveted by this con/action/crime/mystery series.  "Blacklist" meets "Jack Ryan" meets "Nikita" meets "Killing Eve" ... I think (?) ... in this vibrant show.  Baccarin plays an arms dealer/head of a mercenary army mastermind.  She's a bad guy.  Or is she?  Clearly, she's killed and doesn't mind killing but there are hints of something greater.  And that's the key.  This is a mastermind who doesn't just look at the board in front of her, she runs the game.  The first episode is non-stop action with an interwoven "fairy tale" and twists you will not see coming.  Ryan Michelle Bathe is the Yang to her Yin and together they make every scene a fiery battle of wills.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: