Thursday, February 14, 2008

More TAB Reviews!

TAB Reviews

MJ writes:
“A Friend at Midnight” by Caroline Cooney. It is a book for everybody. It has a little bit of romance and some adventures, but it’s also realistic fiction. This book really shows what one family went through.

CM writes:
“Tasting the Sky” by Ibtisam Barakat. “Tasting the Sky” was a *huge* eye opener to me. It is a diary of a Palestinian girl’s childhood and all the violence and war and poverty she saw. It was a sad book but I really liked it and could not put it down. It makes me realize how lucky I am, and I think everyone should read it.

CK writes:
“The Off-Season” by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. The book deserves to be a TAB pick because it was a good story with a good plot, but at times it just dragged on and on and some parts were worded weirdly. The first book (Dairy Queen) was better than the sequel.
“Harmless” by Dana Reinhardt. I really liked this book. I liked how the story is told through three different points of view. I could relate to the girl's problem but never have told a lie this big.

IH writes:
“Millions” by Frank Cottrell-Boyce. “Millions” is one of the most touching books I have ever read. The plot is fairly simple, but the first person narrative by Damian is so innocent and hilarious. This book is great for all ages.

No comments: