Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Five Ancestors: Book 3, the Snake, by Jeff Stone

The following review was written by KL, from the 6th grade reading class:

This is the third book in a series about the five ancestors. This particular book is about a Kung fu monk named Seh (snake) and the temple in Canghzen. The temple was destroyed by his brother, Ying (eagle). This meant that Seh and the monks had to reteach the people animal style Kung Fu. Ying was trying to kill his brother and keep the monks from reteaching the monks Kung Fu.

The book has fighting, action, fighting techniques, and awesome descriptions of battles. I like how the author really trains in Kung Fu at Canghzen, China, and he passes his knowledge of fighting techniques to the reader.

It is a great book for people in the fourth grade or older. I think that anyone who reads this book is going to think it is cool that the monks can turn into different animals even when they fight.
My favorite part in this book is when Tsung confronts Ying and almost kills him. I really like this part because Jeff Stone really gives good information about the battles of the monks.
Reading these books in order is very important. Each book adds a little more information to the story. All the books in this series are a fast reads with over 180 pages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you this is a really good book. I came upon the first book when I was browsing through Aurora Hills, it seemed interesting and I loved it. I can't wait until Dragon comes out!