Monday, April 22, 2024

Goodbye to "Good Trouble"

Disliking having to wait from week to week for the next episode (what happened to streaming???), I didn't take the time to binge the final episodes of "Good Trouble" until now.  It got to me ... more than I expected.  And it was perfect.  The drama (oh, so. much. drama) continued right up until the final scene.  As a gift to the viewers there was a nice wrap-up for each character, bringing them to a place of hope, of promise.  After five seasons, it was really nice to see this group of (mostly) young folk finally get the hang of adulting.  Started as a show about Callie and Mariana from "The Fosters" it quickly grew into an ensemble show ... and what an ensemble!  Every character, including the offbeat "Kelly" really added to something which became a very rich stew.  The angsty nature of their screw-ups and perpetually miserable love-lives was hard to take at times but I always came back.  I came to care about these characters, and rooted for them to find meaning and peace in their lives.  The reward for hanging in there was rewarded in the form of a finale with promise.  And I realized that between "The Fosters" and this show, I've been watching this storyline since 2013.  ELEVEN YEARS!  I can't even begin to list all the chapters I've lived in my own life in this period of time.  To the residents of the Coterie -- bonne chance!  And to these amazing actors ... thank you.  I hope to see you soon in other projects.

No comments: