Friday, November 24, 2023

"Asteroid City"

Just.  So.  Weird.  I mean, it was fun.  It was interesting.  I'm not sure there was a major plot there.  Maybe an event.  One which could be described in a paragraph.  But the characters, the strangeness.  It had me intrigued while I watched it but I couldn't tell you too much about it afterwards.  More like -- images -- impressions -- paintings which come to life.  Dialog which would make Jack Webb proud.  A lot of big names.  Huge names, on this project.  Forward motion by the characters?  Not so much.  Development of events?  Ummm.  It's visual.  It's strange.  And if you are up late one night and maybe a little stoned or drunk or punchy, this might just be the film for you.  Even if you sit there afterwards and go, "What the He** was that?"

No comments: